Fix auto body yourself tips is needed by those who do not want to spend more money to fix it in the workshop. Since fixing, auto body in a workshop will cost you a lot of money. Moreover, if you need to be in line for hours. Auto body is a display which shows the beauty and the elegance of the vehicles you ride. Of course, if the auto body of yours is damaged, it will make your vehicles do not look good. There are a lot of things that make you need to fix your auto body, for example, if it is a dent. Here are some tips for you who want to fix the body of your vehicles by yourself.
Use Hair Dryer and Carbon Dioxide Liquid
You are able to use a hairdryer and carbon dioxide liquid to fix the dent in your vehicle body. Here are the steps:
- Prepare the hair dryer and a bottle of carbon dioxide liquid.
- Turn the hairdryer on and turn the heat on the auto body that has a dent.
- Do it continuously until it feels hot enough. How long you heat the area that has dent is different, depends on how worse the dent in your auto body. For the area with big dents, you will need about 3 minutes to 5 minutes to heat it.
- After that, immediately spray the liquid of carbon dioxide on the area which already heated.
- Then press it until the shape is back to normal.
This way is using the sudden change of temperature from hot to cold, where the dent of your auto body will be stretched due to the thrill of the thrust that arises due to a drastic change of temperature in a short time.
Use Hot Water
The way to repair an auto body with hot water is actually the same as the previous tip. But the difference is the material used to flex the auto body is not using a hair dryer, but hot water. Here are the steps to follow:
- Prepare the hot water first to heat your auto body.
- Pour the hot water little by little on the auto body that has dents.
- Use a cloth to give pressure on the dent area so that the auto body shape backs to normal.
- The important thing is you should not press the dent area too hard, otherwise, it will be damaged or even break.
- Repeat the steps above several times until your auto body that has dents gets the best result.
This tip is also able to be used even though there is a parking sensor in the back of your vehicle. But you need to remember that this tip is only able to be done to an auto body with plastic materials or carbon fibers materials. So that when you pour the hot water, it will be easy for you to pull the dent area outside. Those are the two tips on how to fix the auto body.